I leave in three weeks, and the two things that are most on my mind are:
1) Am I seriously going to be able to drive on the other side of the road...and shift with my left hand?
and infinitely more perplexing...
2)Which shoes should I bring?
I will be there for summer, fall and winter. I am expected to be business casual during the day, and sometimes even in a full suit; I plan to hike; I hope to run or something (though this is seeming less and less likely given my apparent work schedule); and I need to do all these things in three seasons.
I suppose I could write an entire essay on how most people in the world only have one pair of shoes (and sometimes none at all), and I should just make due with whatever I decide to bring. That I could just hike in my sneakers, that some herders wear worn out, donated dress shoes to drive their sheep up unthinkable difficult icy slopes. Etc, etc, etc.
However, being a realist, and someone who has too many shoes to choose from, I find myself unable to solve this problem
No comments:
Post a Comment