What do I even write? I'm sitting in the Amsterdam airport feeling unlike I have ever felt before. I've left plenty of places and people. I've cried with separation anxiety. I've wanted to return. But this...this thing I'm feeling now is so different. It's like the most pure and simple sadness I've ever experienced. I got in the plane in Maseru yesterday, watched my friends disappear behind me through a mask of tears and all I could think about was how am I going to get back to Lesotho. (By the way, the Prime Minister was on my flight...sitting next to me...and all I could do was stare out the window and push away the tears.)
I don't think there are any real words I can use to expression any sort of culmination of the past six months. And honestly, I don't even want to because I don't want these past six months to have culminated. I think when I'm less exhausted and hopefully less sad, I'll be able to write something more complete. But for now, I just say that Lesotho is in my heart. And my heart is heavy right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment