16 April 2009

Toothpaste and Turtles

I'm down to one-eighth of a tube of toothpaste. That means it's about time for me to be moving on. To head out of Hawaii and restock for my next adventure. It wasn't until recently that I realized that I can measure time in toothpaste. But it usually works out that right when I am about to move on, I am just finishing the tube.

Does that mean I'm leaving Hawaii? Not really sure. Possibilities abound right now. One of which is the possibility that I actually stay in one place, that I stop being transient and dig into life in one place.

___

I went for a swim yesterday. When I was in New England and I needed some exercise that involved water, I would head over to the university pool. I would go back and forth in the lanes, counting my progress by the number of times I did a flip turn. In Hawaii...yesterday...I found progress in the fact that the turtle who was swimming near me didn't scoot away in fear.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Buy another tube of toothpaste!!!