People have been telling me for years that doing nothing can be truly enjoyable. I never believed it. I've tried in the past, but found myself getting caught up in all kinds of reasons why I should constantly be doing things.
Not today.
To be fair, I haven't done NOTHING today. I did move from my inflatable bed in DZ's living room to the couch one foot away. But otherwise, I literally haven't done anything. It's 3 p.m. in Seattle, and for the first time, maybe ever, I feel like I could stay here for the rest of the day.
After my exhausting morning of g-chatting and sending emails, I took a nap. Watched about 10,000 episodes of "Heroes" before the internet decided to cut me off. Now I'm thinking about going outside, but that just seems like a lot of effort. So I'll probably just sit here until DZ gets home, then go to a soccer game tonight.
Fly out to Denver tomorrow for Masters this weekend. It's supposed to be 97 degrees. Yay. (That's a 30 degree change from Seattle).
Then, FINALLY, I get to go home. I've been gone from Hawaii for so long (two months!) and yet I still feel like it's the only place I'd really call home at this point. What an amazing thing. So six more days...
1 comment:
Yeah for those lazy days!
Post a Comment