I woke up at 2:30 this morning after dreaming about being at an international soccer game...actually, playing in the game. Except it was the 1970s and I was on the field with the Argentinian team.
I couldn't fall back to sleep until almost 5 a.m. And the next two hours had two more dreams about soccer. I can hardly remember one of them now. The other, I was out running, on my way to the football pitch, when I had to cross a bridge with no guard railings. In the dream, I though "Hmmm...this is precarious. I'm probably going to fall in." But I knew I was dreaming, and so I next thought "Oh, well, if I fall in, I'll just be experiencing it from outside my real self. No big deal." Then I fell off the bridge, and plunged into the icy water. Except when I hit the water, I no longer knew I was dreaming, and I panicked. I remember I had my cell phone in my hand when I went into the water, and for some reason, I threw it far from me. Then I was in the freezing water, screaming for help. Except, I didn't really think anyone would hear me, so I pulled myself out, and then some random girl I went to high school with came by and drove me to her house. I was having a complete breakdown, trying to remember anyone's phone number and I couldn't. As I was having this total meltdown, this random girl was selling weed in her kitchen and I said "No worries, I live in Hawaii and I'm from Vermont, you selling pot is the last thing I care about." Then I searched through the phone book to try and find the phone number for the school where my mom teaches...because I happened to be in the town where she lives.
Then I woke up and had a song in my head from the playlist I was listening to at work yesterday. And that song's been in my head all day.
I wasn't until I finally just listened to it again, that I made the connection between the song and my dream.
No comments:
Post a Comment