Two hands that move up my arms
To pull me close; to keep me warm
Beneath the heavy mist and haze
I wish… I want… to have your gaze.
Affection , hey!, I’m over here
Two hands still have not appeared
And is it asking all that much
To wish and want and have some touch?
But just not anyone will do.
Sometimes I wish that weren’t true,
Cause now I find when my thoughts stray
I wish and want you day by day.
Lips that brush across my cheek
Warm breath on neck; it makes me weak.
Under blankets, tucked in deep
With you, I wish I want to sleep.
They tell me that I am insane
Writing the letters of your name
Have yet to meet this gentle man
Who makes me wish and want to hold his hand
But just not anyone will do.
Sometimes I wish that weren’t true,
Cause now I find when my thoughts stray
I wish and want you day by day.
I wonder if you think these thoughts
Or is it now that I am caught?
Because there’s truth in what I say
I wish and want you day by day.
Cause just not anyone will do.
Just not anyone will do.
Please come to me; I cannot stand
To still not know you hand in hand.
No comments:
Post a Comment