I wake up in the middle of the night a lot lately, mostly for no good reason that I can think of (not even because I have to pee all the time). Last night, I awoke thinking "I have the most amazing group of friends." I think about the people that I'm closest to, the ones mostly, who I've known for a very long time - and a few select newbies - and I wonder if anyone else could possibly have this great, artistic, intelligent, irreverent, funny, accomplished collection.
I don't quite understand what it feels like to be immensely proud of a child, but I think I feel that way about my friends. I sometimes wonder what would happen if we were ever able to meet all together. Would the world fracture and spin us off into a parallel universe, unable to handle the awesomeness? Or would we all just sit around and drink beers making fart jokes?
Whatever the case, I feel enormously privileged to be a part of this group. Though we are often very far apart, and likely we won't even converge as a whole group, it still makes me really happy to know that after 2, 5, 13, 18 years, we're all still somehow plugged into each others' lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment