14 April 2011

One day soon

I'm ready to lay on my back.
I know it's not time yet, but I'm ready.
Tick tock.

And I'm ready to start.
It feels like the end of senior year.
Ready for what's to come. Excited for it. Impatient for the next chapter.
But I have to sit through the boring lectures that I don't care about.
And then the final exams.

People say to cherish this time.
"It's all about to change."
"Your life is about to end."
"You have no idea..."

But what should I cherish?
A foot in my ribs making it impossible to sit up?
I'd rather hold that foot in my hand. Follow my hand up the soft, new leg. Chubby and warm. I'd rather kiss the face that that foot belongs to.

I'm ready to meet you, baby.
And I think you're getting ready to meet us, too.
I felt you differently yesterday. Like you were saying, "I'm getting into position. Watch out world, pretty soon I'm taking you by storm!"

Patience has never been something I've possessed.
But you are already teaching me.
So for now, until YOU are ready,
I'll keep taking you with me into the ocean.
I'll keep watching bad movies and wrapping things up with work.

And if you should have any doubts, I'll just reiterate:
"I'm ready. I'm ready. So very, very ready."

3 comments:

Kat said...

He'll be ready soon!

Mom said...

Enjoy this time, when you can dream about all those precious moments to come. It will be here before you know it.

Jeremy said...

Don't worry it will be any week now