14 December 2012

Once again the day has come and gone. I didn't actually think I was going to have this next baby on the day I was due to have him. I just hoped, I guess. Just like I hope he's not going to stretch it out a full two extra weeks like his brother did. Maybe he's waiting for us to pick a name. You'd think my now we'd have done just that. But, um, nope. We already used up all our name brains on the first boy. And as much as I'm happy I'm having another boy (teenage girls scare the crap out of me), it would have been easier to think of a girl name because the possibilities would not have been chewed up and spit out a thousand times over already.

Probably the worst part of waiting is the boredom. I'm working from home these days, in fear that I'll go into labor in my office. And no one wants to go into labor in an office full of computer programmers. Is there a UNIX command for "Holy crap, this is awkward?!"

Actually, I'm afraid of spontaneous labor anywhere but at home because my OB told me two days ago that I'd probably deliver before my 41 week appt. Of course, there is no guarantee (and given my maternal gestational lineage, this is probably not going to happen), the psychological ramifications of her telling me this have left me wanting to stay close to home (read: inside my home). I didn't have spontaneous labor last time. In fact, I didn't even have a single cramp up until I was in the hospital, so I was never really worried about being at the gym or in the ocean and needing to make an immediate exit. This time, though, I've apparently been having small contractions for the past week. Stupidly, I didn't even realize that they were contractions until yesterday, so now I repeatedly envision the "Clean up on Aisle 3" scenario whenever I think about leaving the house.

Until 2 days ago, I was still swimming at the gym 2-3 times each week, and walking a couple times as well. I'm gonna go for a walk today, so let's hope that I'm not flagging down a logging truck on Route 10 to take me to the hospital. True, it would be a good story, but I have plenty of those already.

Okay, dude. For real. We're ready to meet you. (And your uncle says this is a convenient weekend for them to come meet you, so that certainly trumps everything.)

1 comment:

Love, Mom said...

My sweet daughter. Soon you will have another beautiful baby. Take these days to smile, laugh and enjoy, just like I did, before you were born.
It helped me and look at the wonderful baby I brought into the world.