03 January 2013

All kidding aside, it's 10 degrees below 0 right now. The wood stove is blazing AND we have the heat set to kick on should the wood stove not be cutting it. And, frankly, even though my thermostat seems to be at peace, I don't think the wood stove is doing a particularly wonderful job of keeping me from putting on a parka inside my house.

ZZ is 11 days old, wrapped in a lot of fleece, and doesn't seem to be complaining about the otherwise miserable weather. I, however, am probably insane, and am trying to be *productive* while he sleeps. This means spending time action planning via email with work about starting back part-time from home next week. I figure I can stretch out my maternity leave, still be producing stuff at work, and taking care of the newborn. So far, he's sleeping in long enough (~ 2 hr) segments, that I can probably manage about 4 hours of work throughout the course of an entire day. Probably. We'll just have to see how it goes.

Sitting idly, or even napping and relaxing, have never been my strong suits, so despite the fact that I am told to take it easy now, I just can't bring myself to be home along all day with no interaction other than breastfeeding and diaper changing. It's too lonely or something. So I figure if I have some work to focus on, the days won't seem to stretch into an Arctic oblivion.

For today, though, I think I'll be okay with laying in bed, under a thick blanket, and just staying warm with my baby.

No comments: