19 June 2014

Stories

I've had a story to tell. Probably for the last twenty or so years.

I spent most of 2006 and 2007 trying to write a novel. 400 pages in and I scrapped it.
I've been journaling for..um...let's see...since I had one of those journals that actually came with a lock and key.
When was that? 5th, 6th grade.
I started this blog six years ago, but mostly to tell another story.

Every few years, I start to try to write my story.
And every time, I scrap it.

When Maya Angelou just died and all of her quotes started circulating, I was reminded that it truly is awful to have a story locked within, a story that is begging to be told. A story, that until told, might be pushing everything else down, clogging things up and keeping me disconnected.

I think for so long I was trying to tell this story for someone else.
Thinking too much about technique and profitability. Seriously.

So I try again.
Knowing that it is the story I *need* to tell,
regardless of who may ever read it.


No comments: