06 October 2014

AHZ

I'm done!
I had my last pregnancy, my last labor, my last first week with a newborn. And I'm so excited to have it behind me!

Alexa Hokulani was born 9 days ago, and no surprise, looks just like her daddy and brothers. I had hoped that I'd get at least one that looked like me, but nope, not gonna happen. She's healthy, though, and that's way more important because it's hard not to worry about things when you're pregnant (or not pregnant, if you're me!). We've got a long road ahead of us: breastfeeding, no sleep, spitup, being trapped in the house for a long winter, breastfeeding, no sleep, monotony, trying to work from home part-time to extend the maternity leave. Did I mention breastfeeding and no sleep?

This third time around, I'm certainly not nervous, just aware of the inevitable. Still dreaming of a life well-exercised, but I am able to catch up on some reading these days, while I ...wait for it...am sitting around breastfeeding!

I feel like I've joined some secret club of people who are crazy enough to have 3 kids. And I know the full effect of it has not even begun to settle on me. Things I can't even know or imagine. But we are about as insane as it gets, with the kids almost as closely spaced as was womanly possible for me. This means - WE'LL HAVE THREE KIDS IN COLLEGE AT THE SAME TIME! Madness.

Oh and did I mention that having 3 kids in daycare full-time would cost us $52,000 a year?! I mean, we could send them to the cheaper daycare...but it's cheaper for a reason! This is why we are actively trying to find a nanny, which turns out to be really hard. (I never imagine myself a someone who would hire a nanny. I also probably never imagine myself as someone who would think it's awesome when my 21-month-old sings - over and over again - the Summer song from Frozen.)

Off I go, to my one and only daughter, who, for the record, has a dimple in her cheek. Proof that she is mine.

No comments: