08 May 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy Again

Well, the internet is finally back up and working at home. Though I don't expect it'll last very long. The power outages are driving everyone crazy. This morning it was from 8 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. I've started to get into the office at 6:30 a.m. so that I can get some work done before the power goes out. And since we haven't had internet at home, it has been especially good for me to get in that early. Now, I'm definitely an early rise, but the part that is really hard is that I have to walk up to the office in the dark, since the sun isn't rising until about the time I get to the office. I'm fairly certain that I've been stepping in big cow plops every morning on my walk up the path...

Oh, and the other fun part of the power going out is that I've been having to eat lunch for breakfast, and breakfast for lunch. It had been that the power wasn't cutting until 9 a.m. so I could boil the water for my oatmeal when I wanted to eat breakfast. But lately, it's been getting earlier and earlier, so on Tuesday, I was all set to eat oatmeal at 8 a.m., but the power went out at 7:30, so I wound up eating my salad for breakfast. Nothing like chili sauce dressing in the morning!

Been working pretty late the past two nights. Two 14 hour days in a row. I've been really exhausted, for sure. But I'm actually producing things, instead of just talking about what should be happening or where all the problems are, so it feels pretty good. This week has gone by insanely quickly. I was just thinking that tomorrow was Wed, but no, it's Friday. I know it's going to be July before I even realize it. Lots to do before then!

Seriously, though, the most amazing this I've done this week is...an almost unassisted pull-up. My trainer friend at the gym is helping me do pull-ups, so I don't have to use that stupid assisted machine, which I don't feel is helping be accomplish my goal of being able to pull myself up. I sort of plateaued on that thing. But today, I just hung from the bar, and burned myself out. It was amazing! Next, one handed push-ups...

No comments: