On Saturday, I played in the Middlebury Summer Solstice Hat tournament. Haven't played ultimate since Gender Blender three weeks before. Thought it would be good to play in a chill tourney to ramp up for Potlatch and Masters. Went in with no expectations and happy to just show up and not have any responsibility.
Well...when they did the draw (for 4 teams), they called out my name like so "Becky Shor, captain of the grey team". What?! Are you serious? Why me? I knew no one there and had was from the furthest away. So much for having no responsibility.
My team had 2 women and 9 guys to play 5-2. So much for a chill tourney.
First game: we were down 3-7 at half. I was convined we be three and out, no wins. Well, that's exactly NOT what happened. We came back to win the first game 13-5. Second game: won 13-6. Third game: down 3-7 at half. Came back to 6-7. I was still sure we were gonna lose (the other team just looked so much better). Then we tied it 10-10 and never looked back. Won 13-10.
So now, other than the hat in Maui, I've won every hat tourney I've ever been to. Weird.
No comments:
Post a Comment