A new piece of knowledge gained today:
1) I am not claustrophobic.
I had an MRI on my lumbar spine today. Since it was the first MRI I've ever had, I wondered before I went in, if I would be one of those people who freak out being in that small space. The only time I ever had an inclination that I was claustrophobic was in 10th grade when I found myself in the middle of the mosh pit at the Smashing Pumpkins show. I lost my ability to breath, felt like I was going to die, and thrashed my way out as quickly as possible. I attributed this feeling to claustrophobia, and thought that when they shoved me into the MRI machine, I might react equally. They put me in feet first, so it was tempered by that. But...nope, not claustrophic at all. I'm probably the only person whose ever fallen asleep through the banging and wretching of the MRI.
And then, just to test it, when my scans were finished, I asked the tech if he could put me in head first. Nothing. I don't get why people freak out in there....
No comments:
Post a Comment