Extraverted, Intuitive, Thinking/Feeling and Judgment.
My T/F scores were almost identical, so it was hard to define me as one or the other. My score for Judgment vs. Perception was entire J. And Extraverted and iNtuitive were almost primarily E and N (as opposed to Intraverted and Sensing).
So what's that all mean? Apparently I'm a Teacher (if I'm ENFJ) or Field Marshal (if I'm ENTJ). The book we were reading interpreted Field Marshal to mean a "leader of leaders".
I've done the Myers-Briggs before and I always get the same type, which I suppose is confirmatory for the test (or I'm an outlier). Regardless, I mostly agree with the fact that I am someone who likes to teach. It's basically what my consulting company is all about. It's what I did in Africa, and it's what I want to continue to do. Teach people how to use epidemiology, how to use data, etc etc. I've thought about becoming a faculty member at a school of public health (post- PhD, of course), but there's something not quite perfect about that to me.
And I think the imperfection can be found if I were to flip-flop to being more of a T than an F, i.e. being a "Field Marshall". A leader of leaders. The teacher of teachers, if you will.
This means that I like to be the one at the top, not because of the hierarchy and power, but because that’s what feels most comfortable for me. Leading an organization seems most appropriate, so I guess I should stick to the consulting work I do, and develop it further. Basically this has been the plan all along, but it’s definitely confirmatory to think about it in terms of professional competency again.
There’s also a part of the book that talks about who are good mates for EN(F/T )Js…and basically what the book told me was that I’m WAY too idealistic, so I’ll never be satisfied with anyone. Surprised? I wasn’t. Though, there did seem to be some hope if I find an “Architect” type personality (can’t remember the letters right now). Fortunately, I don’t ascribe to this Myers-Briggs stuff as gospel, so I’m not giving up hope yet!
DZ and I were wondering what it would be like to partner with someone with the exact same personality type, and beyond that, just someone who was exactly like us. And then we both, simultaneously, came to the conclusion that it’s likely there’s NO ONE in the world like either one of us, so we don’t have to worry about figuring out that mystery.
Up too late in D.C. right now...silly time zone crossings. 3 hours til yoga with G, and then an all day meeting. Should be interesting to see how tired I am by 3 o'clock this afternoon.
1 comment:
Can't a good teacher also a good leader and visa versa.? You are very gifted, have the talent to combine your two strengths and continue to be successful in all your endeavors.
Here's to more women leaders!!
Post a Comment