Joel and I are going to Namibia when we head of to that African continent in July. I got my paperwork for my Namibian visa today (which I was surprised they actually ask you to complete before entering the country. I figured we could just show up like in Swaziland, Lesotho, and South Africa. I guess Namibia isn't sub-Saharan enough.)
So I'm going through filling out the form and then I get to the bottom of the page:
"If you are being accompanied by your wife and children, please complete their name, date of birth and passport number".
Well, now, isn't that progressive of Namibia! Understanding that I may be legally wed to a woman. Open-mindedness and tolerance in all corners of the world! Huzzah! Right? Ummm....right?
Sadly, I suspect, that wasn't quite what they Namibian Embassy had in mind.
Ah, nothing like some good old-fashioned patriarchy to brighten up your day.
No comments:
Post a Comment