20 October 2010

Seven Sins Manifest in Me

Gluttony.
Seriously, I ate Cheetos the other day. And it wasn't the first time, at least not in the past month. Before that though, I don't know if I'd ever eaten a Cheeto in my life.

Sloth.
I don't think I got dressed until 2 p.m. on Sunday, if you consider changing from my pajamas in to yoga shorts and a t-shirt "getting dressed". And my idea of a workout now is swimming 30 laps in the pool twice a week.

Wrath.
I suppose it's more irritation which quickly devolves into anger. Like when I have to wait even an extra ten minutes to eat dinner and then I want to punch someone in the face because I am so totally unable to control what's going on for me emotionally.

Greed.
I don't really foresee this ever being an issue for me. Maybe my sin is the opposite. Sometimes, I find it so impossible to covet *things* that I go months (years?) without buying new clothes or running shoes or....a car. And now it seems that I've grown even less willing to amass things, afraid of spending even one penny to excess.

Lust.
Um. Are you kidding me? I mostly am able to stay awake until 8 p.m. sometimes.

Envy.
Yeah, not feeling this one either. I suspect it will come to fruition as I begrudge other women their waistlines.

Pride.
This I predict, not for myself, but for what is to come in six months.

1 comment:

mom said...

So I remember wanting Fritos uncontrollably.
Like mother, like daughter!!!
It might be a boy!