06 April 2012

We have this baby book for O, and I've been trying to write in it as much as possible before it becomes irrelevant and I've forgotten everything. One part as a place for you to write a letter to your baby. So, over the past almost year, I've been trying to think about what I really want to write to O. One thing that crossed my mind was that I'm really excited to find out who he becomes.

Who he becomes.

I got to thinking about this sentiment today. We all say it and think it about small kids and babies. And I guess I've always thought that the answer to that question would be fixed. I wondered at what point in his life will O have reached the moment when he is who he has become.

Who have I become?

I've become many things over many years. And it's just today that I (maybe stupidly) am realizing that O will become someone, and then someone else and then someone else again. He will evolve much like I have and like you have and like everyone has. For better or worse. And what I now want to know is: who will O become when he is 2, 15, 27, 41, 73?

So maybe that's what I should write to him.

No comments: