05 April 2012

(Written in honor of National Poetry Writing Month - I was inspired by CG)

Untitled

I had something to say
When there were drips of dew
upon your face.

I wanted to tell you
Those drips of dew would
hardly dry too soon.

I thought you should know
that I saw that dew
for what it was.

There is no salt in dew.
It clings, where your dew
was rolling fast.

It rolled past your nose
And over the crest
of your puffing cheek.

That salty dew
Kept on rolling
followed by more and more dew.

I did not say to you
That I faced the sun
So that you could not see
The glisten in my eyes.

I told you that
The brightness made me blink
And blink again.

I saw your face,
Cheek upon the ground
Watching as each drip dripped by.

I should have placed
My cheek upon your ground
and blinked my dew into yours.



No comments: