10 March 2008

Car Accident

Yep. It happened today. I got in my first car accident. It's really not a complicated story. There are these street kids who "help" you park all over Maseru, trying to get money out of you. And so this one kid, when I refused to give him money, ran in front of the car, and I had to decide whether to hit him or swerve into the parked car next to me. I hit the car. I think I made the right decision...

So we waited for the police to come. They only took an hour and a half. And no, they don't come in a car with flashing lights. They walk down from the police station. They take your statement, then one of the cops does a drawing of the accident. While that was going on, the other cop was asking me all about the States and she gave me a Sesotho name, Palesa, which is apparently really generic here. So I'm holding out for a new one.

Yeah, and now I have to wait to find out what happens with the damages to the other car (which honestly weren't all that extensive. A cracked light cover really was the only thing).

And that's that.

3 comments:

Caleb Jong Il said...

I'm glad you're ok. Car accidents suck. Is your car messed up at all?

Becky said...

Car needs the front bumper repaired.

Anonymous said...

That's not something I taught you when we were out in our car. I thought I taught you to hit the . . .

Len