Lots of work going on. I've been up pretty late at night doing work for a meeting we have tomorrow with people from the Ministry of Health and Social Welfare and the Ministry of Finance, as well as some others. Putting together reports, and thinking about strategic policy implications of various things. I'm being so vague because what we are discussing is not ready for public input. So, if I ever get a chance to explain more, I will, but for now, all I can say is that this stuff is really interesting and I've been interacting with some pretty great people.
This weekend is Easter apparently....so I've been told. The reason it's crossed my radar is because in Lesotho, people don't work for like four days. It's a really big holiday here. No work Fri or Mon and even that gets extended for a lot of people. (That doesn't mean I won't be working though, that's still pending.) People all go home to the districts to be with their families and everything shuts down.
Suzanna, Sarah, Michael and I are trying to decide about this ~ 70 Km walk that happens Fri-Sun. Assuming I don't have to work, the factors now are the forecast (as I said before, the rain just won't stop...though it broke briefly today), the minor shin splints I got from the walk Suzanna and I did on Saturday, and cost (M350 = ~$45...the Rand is sucking right now...good for me.) Oh, and water. It's unclear if we need to carry 3 days of water or if the water they say they will provide is not actually straight from the tap. yuck. The lodging the first night is at an Outward Bound camp, so that sounds pretty interesting, though. Last minute decision...
1 comment:
Easter week abroad, when both Good Friday and Easter Monday are holidays, is a pretty sweet deal. One need not be Christian to believe in four day weekends.
Post a Comment