...Capello, that is, was in Maseru yesterday! I think I was one of ten people in Lesotho who could actually pick him out of the crowd. He was here on an outreach mission, to spread soccer, I guess. Also, there is an organization, Kick for Life, that promotes HIV/AIDS education through soccer. They had this big event yesterday, sponsored by Vodacom, and Fabio Capello (the new England manager) was there. It was pretty cool, though he doesn't speak English and most people had no idea who he was. The organization is such a great idea, and if only more people in the world knew about Ultimate, I think it would be so great to have a "Disc for Live" organization...maybe one day.
Today was super busy for me, and fortunately, it was all good stuff. I'm designing a quality assurance training for the the hospitals I work with, so that was a big part of my day. I was in the MOHSW trying to dig up some information for the accreditation stuff I am working on, and I had a really impromptu meeting with the accreditation focal person. After that meeting, which was very positive, I started to freak out a little that I'm only here for three more months, and there is no way I'm going to accomplish everything I want to with these hospitals. But at least I've gotten the ball rolling, right? It's just so strange to me to have begun a project and not see it through to completion. Realistically, though, the stuff I'm working on may never actually be "completed". They are all ongoing processes that I'm helping develop and may take one, five, ten years to come to fruition. But it's definitely great being involved from the beginning.
Tomorrow is another office day, and I may actually be going to get my haircut this weekend. It's been close to a year, so its probably time.
2 comments:
I think it's pretty bizarre that Fabio Capello was in Maseru. I just saw him on TV at the Arsenal-ManU game on Sunday. I guess, as the England coach, he's got a lot of down time...
And, to add to the general bizarre-ness, on Sky Sports News last night, there was a piece on Fabio Capello's trip to Lesotho. (I already emailed Becky about this, but in case others are reading.) Had a number of clips of kids playing football, including clips of the final in whatever tournament they organized. Capello coached one team, and Ray Clemence (former England keeper) coached the other. Sadly, Capello's team lost 3-1.
They also had a clip of a kid getting an HIV test with Capello watching. (Fortunately, the kid was negative.) There's a bit about it in this Guardian article.
So, you've seen the King and the England coach this week. I wonder who's next!
Post a Comment