Okay, Universe, what gives?
It's 2:30 a.m., and I'm still WIDE awake. I don't feel even the tiniest bit sleepy. I've read too many pages of my book. I'm probably the first person in Hawai'i to know that Obama won the Noble Peace Prize. I stared at the contents of my fridge. I tried to meditate.
But, nope. I'm still awake. I thought feeling great would mean I'd be sleeping great, too. Nope. Wide awake. I guess the difference now is that I think it's kind of funny that I can't sleep. Cause I have a meeting at 8:30 a.m. that I'm leading. Then I have another meeting at 10 a.m. that I'm mostly leading. Then I have about twenty thousand things I want to accomplish before the weekend (even though I was already planning on going into my office on Saturday for awhile). Ultimate starts tomorrow night. And how sucky is this - my game is at 8:15 p.m. or something absurd. Oh, and I was thinking of going for a quick surf pre-frisbee.
It's funny to me that I'll be a zombie through all of this. And in all reality, I'll probably come take a nap at 2 p.m. (The joys of working one block from my house and having no accountability to anyone but myself.) I'm picturing myself now, in these meetings talking about injury prevention, and not really knowing what I'm talking about, and rambling on in some pseudo-theoretical way that I tend to do when I'm trying to figure out what it is I really want to say. Then I imagine starting to laugh. Just randomly in the middle of my meeting. And then everyone else starts laughing because my laugh is "ridiculous". And I've never met any of these people. I just think it would be so brilliant if tomorrow (or today, I guess) turns into a totally funny day, where the eventual two hours of sleep I'll probably get, doesn't really affect me until...
my league game finishes and I hit a wall.
In addition to about fifty-five other things, I've realized this about myself over the past year....I actually function better on little/no sleep than I've ever given myself credit for. I always say I'm the most boring person alive. That I have to go to bed early to survive. But I seem to do okay pushing through in light of what I seem to think about myself.
Yawn? Nope. Oh wait, there it is. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment