Even though I've never written a status update on Facebook, whenever I come here to blog, I feel like I have to write in some clever, shortened fashion to convey whatever it is I'm trying to say.
Like "Hopu meeting. Biked home. Now sweating."
Or "Ate same dinner as usual. Meat, rice, celery and cucumbers."
Are we going to start vocalizing to each other this way in the future? Actually, are we even going to talk to each other at all?
I remember spending every night on the phone when I was in high school. Talking about whatever inane things I talked about as a 16-year-old girl who thought she was smarter than everyone, and certainly deeper than everyone. I remember falling asleep in my bed with the phone stuck to my face talking to L or J.
Now I almost never talk on the phone. No doubt it has a lot to do with time difference between here and VT. But it's also because we just don't do that as a culture anymore.
We have unlimited text messages, but limited voice minutes. And really I think it's just making us more and more inhibited about verbal communication in general.
2 comments:
hey, I called you last night!
Hey, I called you a few days ago, also!!
Post a Comment