Often, I think of really great, creative, snarky Halloween costumes.
Like the Dewy Decimal System. I could walk around with slips of paper and classify people according that strange way libraries do it.
I also thought about being Facebook - my face framed, as if it were my photo, then wear shirt or cardboard box with status updates I tape to myself throughout the day. Also, I could get a polaroid, take photos of people and tape those to myself as my "friends".
But then I get too lazy, don't have the time, don't want to put in the effort to actually make the costumes.
This phenomenon is testament to how much I love the strategic planning process, but how little I enjoy following through with the details. I'm a grand thinker, a mobilizer, an organizer. It's the same thing at work now. I love to brainstorm ways to combat violence in Hawaii, but when I have to sit there and write code to analyze data to drive these processess, I find myself turning to eating snacks instead of feeling motivated to do my work.
Think tank, here I come...
1 comment:
Well, Happy Halloween , Anyway!!!
Post a Comment