Today was just a regular work day. In the office from 8:30 - 5:00 working on various things. And I did have one brief meeting with a physician associated with the Lesotho Medical Association.
I did drive the car in this morning, and managed not to peel out once from stopped. Progress...
In the middle of our staff meeting, a knock came on the door and in walked a man and woman. He had a slip of paper in his hand, and showed it to Lisebo, our admin assistant. She kept saying something about Boston, so we all assumed he was there for some kind of business. Only, when we looked at the paper, we found out that he was looking for a book, published by Boston Scientific. He had been told to come to our office by another group. Yeah, so basically if anyone has anything Boston related going on in Maseru, they automatically associate it with us. It's kind of funny, and really not all that surprising.
What else? Oh, I bought a backpack today at a Chinese shop over in the "African" part of town. The African part of town is where most expats don't go. I guess it's a little bit more unsafe or whatever. There's a bunch of storefronts, and also lots of stalls selling just about everything. Lauren and I were over there for our meeting, so I stopped to get a cheap backpack to bring when I walk to the gym, and if (I hope, I hope, I hope) I get to go to Sani Pass. I have no doubt that it'll fall apart in two days, but I'm pretty happy with the purchase. It was only M40, whereas in the "real" stores, backpacks are like M140+.
No comments:
Post a Comment