I forgot to mention that for the past few days I've been awoken by the rooster crowing at 5:54 a.m. in my neighbors yard. It's been the same time each day. Since I've been going to bed pretty early, I'd don't really mind getting up then. If it weren't so cloudy, the sunrise would be really nice, but it's really cool in the morning, so it's at least nice to feel like I can wear a sweatshirt here already.
A note about Lesotho time: We tried to go to Nando's (a nice burger/falafel place) for dinner last night, but after the 25 min walk, we arrived to find that it was being renovated until today. So we hailed a cab...which picks people up regardless of whether or not they have other passengers, and whether or not the cab is full. We were lucky in that there were two available seats for the three of us. We arrived at Mimmo's Italian Restaurant (which is back in our own neighborhood) at 7 p.m., which is that standard time for dinner here. Surprisingly, there was no one else in the restaurant. Anyway, we sat down, ordered fairly quickly, and then waited, waited, waited, and waited for our food to arrive. It was close to 45 min before it showed up...and we were the only people there. Schedules are just so laid back here, which, if you know me, is definitely a major change!
Oh, and Suzanna, a longtime vegetarian...ate chicken! She said for the past few days she could feel her body craving protein, which I blame on the interval training I've gotten her into. Sarah had a chicken surprise pizza. None of us could figure out what the surprise was. I ate chicken peri-peri, which is roasted chicken with a spicy sauce. And we had some fairly good sangria, sweetened with apples.
No comments:
Post a Comment