03 February 2008

Purchasing Power of Lesotho Maloti

Here's some things I've purchased and their approximate cost in dollars:

Jar of Jelly: $.85
1/2 Doz Eggs: $.70
Two medium onions: $.40
Four nectarines: $1.10
Shaving gel: $2.50
1/2 Doz Bananas: $1
Taxi from town to our house (~2 miles): $3
40 Photocopies: $3.50
Shampoo (generic): $1.15
500 mL bottle of Water: $.80


I'll try to update this list from time to time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hiya, Becky.
Len and I are enjoying your posts. Sounds like an excellent adventure. Just beware the territorial colts.
We'd also like to note here that you may have a bright future in "Chef on a Shoestring" features when you return -- your listing of food prices and your discussion of dinner prep were both compelling. It's like we're there with you!
By the way, Len is now a famous bi-coastal artist -- Thomas Moser is opening a new showroom in Seattle and is taking two of his pieces. We're VERY freakin' excited.
That's all the news from the front (such as it is).
Go Giants. (Len made me say that. I could care less, and of course I'm far more politically sensitive, so I would never just say that otherwise.)
Hugs,
Anna and Len

Unknown said...

have you watched any cup of nations yet? c'mon Ghana!

Anonymous said...

Well shopping sounds very interesting. Prices are great. How does the food taste. About the same, huh?
How is the work? Sounds like you have a big project to start.

Fell asleep before the end of the super bowl. You probably have heard who won before me.

Mickey and Molly send their love.