I forgot to mention that when I was driving home from Berea last week, I was pulled over for speeding. I was going 72 km/hr in a 50. We all thought I was in an 80 zone, but alas, I was not. So the way they pull people over here, is they have some guy standing on the side of the road with a radar gun, and a cop stands in the middle of the road waving you over. So I pulled over, and got out to look at the radar gun, as is standard practice, so they can show you how fast you're going.
Sure enough I was going 72. I told the guy I thought it was an 80, and he pointed to the speed limit sign I had passed right down the road. I told him that I didn't notice it because it looks different from the ones in the States. So then he asked me if in the States, we are allowed to drive fast through residential areas. I looked around, saw the one house on the road, surrounded by grass covered mountains, and some cows, and couldn't help but laugh. Residential area? Okay...
All ended well when he told me that he loved me and I got back in the car and drove home.
It's been pouring rain on and off today, with some seriously close lightening. The thunder on the drive home from Berea today was so severe, it almost shook the car. Crazy.
2 comments:
All ended well when he told me that he loved me and I got back in the car and drove home.
If I had a dollar for every time this happened to me...
I can't believe your coworkers let you drive anymore. 72? I assume speed measures fluctuate like our currency. Based on my calculations the mile's strength against the kilometer has been suffering lately. Thus you must have been going about 112 mph. Or 40.
Post a Comment