28 February 2008

Busy, Busy

So, I've basically been working from 8 a.m. - bedtime for the past three days. Nothing all to interesting to report, though we have had some great meetings with the health professionals with whom we work.

There's so much to do here, that I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed. Not necessarily with the volume of work, but with the fact that the projects that need to be done in this country are so huge that I feel like I'm hardly able to contribute because I'm here for such a short time.
I already feel so invested in improving health care delivery here, but I'm having trouble feeling that I can do anything with a major impact.

That said, it is really cool meeting with people really high up in the Ministry of Health or even with the hospital administrators and have them value my opinions. I'm actually using my graduate education finally :)

I'm totally exhausted, but hopefully I'll have something more interesting to write in the next few days.

No comments: