12 February 2008

Deathbed

It only took two weeks, but it happened...I got sick. I'm laying in bed right now because I can't get up, too dizzy and weak. I was pretty sure that I was going to get clinically dehydrated, but I think I may be on the upswing with that. Still not great, but at least I can pick my head up now. Usually when I get sick in other countries, my first thought is that I want to go home. While that thought did cross my mind a little while I was awake from 2:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m., I was more just bummed that my plans for today, and probably tomorrow, have been messed up. There's a lot of work to do, and I can hardly keep my eyes open long enough to type this.

I've definitely felt worse in my life, but this is certainly no picnic today. At least, though, I have very nice roommates who were willing to take care of me, and have already checked up on me a lot. Also, Suzanna's father Phil is in Maseru for the next couple of days, and he's checked in on me, too (he's a family physician...). So I'm in good hands here.

Hopefully I can write a less whiny entry tomorrow...

No comments: